- Find a comfortable position and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Begin by breathing gently, fully.
- As you exhale, mentally say “fifty”.
- As you inhale, mentally say “forty-nine”.
- Exhale, “forty-eight”. Inhale, “forty-seven”, and so on
- Count backward on both the in-breath and the out-breath until you reach “twenty” – then count only the exhales, until you reach zero.
Record this on Voice Memos if it helps to listen instead of reading.
Length of Exercise: Approx. 10 mins.
USE: For calming, when feeling overwhelmed