- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides, or place them, palms down, on your stomach so you can feel your breath entering and exiting your body.
- Begin by stating your intention: “Today is a new day with twenty-four new hours to live, thus I gratefully choose to begin my day with new meditation.”
- Then, as you slowly inhale, breathe in this thought, “I vow to start each and every day with an open heart.”
- Pause briefly, and then as you slowly exhale, breathe out this thought, “I vow to accept with compassion what comes my way.”
- Repeat this meditation four or five times.
USE: Connect with the day